Cable Railing Hand Swage Instructions
Hand swage fittings using hand swage tool installation instruction.
FAILURE WILL RESULT IF YOU DO NOT USE THE PROPER TOOLS.
You will require the following tools for hand swage fittings ins:
Note: Use only 1/8" or 3/16" preformed, corrosion resistant wire in 1x19, or 7x7 construction only.
- Wire rope cutter
- Hand Swage Tool, 22-ST20 for 1/8", 3/16" wire, 22-ST22 for 1/4" wire.
- Measure and mark the desired length on the cable with the marker and cut the cable to your length.
- Place the fitting on the proper cavity on the tool. 22-ST20 for 1/8" and 3/16" cable and 22-ST22 for 1/4" cable.
- Insert the cable into the terminal and place the terminal approximately 1/8" from end in the die.
- Complete three crimps as shown in the drawing. Each crimp should be 1/8" in between crimps, rotate the fitting 180 degrees between each crimp.
- Use a gauge (not included) to check the after crimp dimension. Make sure to rotate the terminal to measure the smallest part of the swage.
Adjust the bolt on the tool if necessary to get a proper after swage dimension.
Hand swage fittings will withstand pullout strains of 60% if applied properly. WE DO NOT WARRANT USE OF THESE TERMINALS FOR STRANDING RIGGING OR OTHER HIGH LOAD APPLICATIONS.