Below is our video explaining different wire rope clips and the different environments in which each wire rope clip is best suited.
If you would prefer a text and picture explanation of the video, keep scrolling.
- Most Corrosion Resistant
- Best for outdoor applications as they are highly resistant to corrosion, especially in or near saltwater environments.
- Lower cost than stainless steel
- Suited for outdoor environments.
- Not as corrosion resistant as stainless steel wire rope clips.
- May be used outdoors, but may exhibit signs of surface rust quicker than Hot Dipped Galvanized wire rope clips; especially if used in rain, snow, salt air, or saltwater environments.
IMPORTANT: The working load limit of the cable assembly will decrease if the vinyl coating is not stripped from the cable. This occurs because the saddle and u-bolt are making contact with the soft and pliable vinyl coating and not the wire rope, which may cause slippage in the assembly and can lead to failure. It is also important to note that different companies size vinyl coated cable differently. E-Rigging lists vinyl coated cable by the cable diameter without the coating. The vinyl coating adds a little thickness to the cable. We have the finished/ final diameter of the cable with the coating listed on our website.