Items you will need:
- Stainless steel lag eyebolts (if you are setting your runner up between two wooden posts or trees)
- Stainless steel cable for the horizontal run (3/16" or 1/4" will likely be strong enough)
- Vinyl coated galvanized cable, or vinyl coated SS cable for the vertical run down to the dog
- Swivel eye block to connect the vertical run to the horizontal run
- Thimbles sized to your cable diameter to make wear resistant eyes
- Wire rope clips or swage sleeves to make the termination
- Stainless steel snap link to connect the cable to the dog's collar or harness.
Set-Up as easy as 1, 2, 3... 4
- Run a length of cable with a swivel eye block between two sturdy structures. Be sure to attach the swivel eye block on the cable before securing the cable to the structure.
- If you are setting it up between two wooden structures, use the stainless steel lag eyebolts to connect the cable to the wood structure. Attach the cable to each eye bolt by creating a termination using a thimble and wire rope clip.
- Connect one end of the vinyl coated galvanized cable to the swivel eye and form the connection with a thimble.
- Connect the other end of the vinyl coated galvanized cable to a stainless steel snap link and form the connection with a thimble.