Hand swage fittings using hand swage tool installation instruction.
USE THE PROPER TOOLS TO AVOID FAILURE.
You will require the following tools for hand swage fittings installation:
- 91535105- Wire rope cutter
- CTA11846 - Crenshaw Tool Swager for 1/8" Stainless Conventional Cable Rail Fittings
- CTA11854 - Crenshaw Tool Swager for 3/16" Stainless Conventional Cable Rail Fittings
- CTA11842 - Crenshaw Tool Swager for 1/8" HAAS AXIS and REVO Cable Rail Fittings
- 91609002- Marker
- Measure and mark the desired length on the cable with the marker and cut the cable to your length.
- Place the fitting in the proper cavity on the tool.
- Insert the cable into the terminal and place the terminal approximately 1/8" from end of the die.
- Complete three crimps as shown in the drawing. Each crimp should be 1/8" in between crimps, rotate the fitting 180 degrees between each crimp.
- Use a caliper (not included) to check the after crimp dimension. Make sure to rotate the terminal to measure the smallest part of the swage.
Adjust the bolt on the tool if necessary to get a proper after swage dimension.
Hand swage fittings will withstand a load equal to 60% ( 60% termination efficiency) of the cable’s breaking strength if applied properly.
WE DO NOT WARRANT USE OF THESE TERMINALS FOR STANDING RIGGING OR OTHER HIGH LOAD APPLICATIONS.