3/32 in. zinc plated copper duplex sleeve. Max After Swage Dimension: 0.265 in. Recommended for use with stainless steel cable.
If properly swaged the termination efficiency
for the copper sleeve will be 90%
- Before using this tool, examine and ensure that the bolt and nut of the swager are tight.
- Cut cable to the required length and lace the cable through the sleeve so that the end will still protrude after crimping.
- Properly insert sleeve into he correct cavity and line up the sleeve between the swager jaws with the long axis perpendicular to the jaws.
- Swaging Sleeves
- Swage each sleeve with the correct number of swages listed in the in the table below following the swage sequence shown below.
|Cable Diameter||Swages Per Oval Sleeve|
|1/4"||3 or 4|
|5/16"||3 or 4|
|3/8||3 or 4|
- Lap splices can be made by 2 oval sleeves. Keep a short space between the sleeves.
- A stopper can be made by crimping a button stop sleeve.
- Check a crimped sleeve with the gauge. If the presses portion won't go into the gauge freely, press the sleeve completely again.